Established in 1985, the Tagore Centre UK exists to promote and disseminate the prodigious creativity of Rabindranath Tagore, a myriad minded literary Colossus, an outstanding thinker of the 20th Century and the first non-European recipient of the Nobel Prize for Literature.
30 September @ 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
The Tagore Centre UK presents an evening of unconventional and untimely homage to the poet Rabindranath Tagore. The first presents Tagore’s musical journey, showcasing an array of distinguished London artists performing from his vast catalogue of songs, the second half features excerpts from two of his much loved plays Chitrangada and Rakta-Karabi.
10 November, 6.00pm – 9.00pm @ The Bhavan, London
- A great legacy left by a great friend Suva Chakrabarty June 24, 2018
- How the three national anthems of India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka met in union…thanks to Tagore January 1, 2018
- About your membership July 16, 2017
- Youth and experience in perfect harmony July 2, 2017
- Thank you – 2000 AD March 5, 2017
- The First Encounter (1878) December 3, 2016
- Help us raise £20,000 to save The Tagore Centre UK September 20, 2016
- Words II, Listening II, Waiting II December 24, 2015
- Invitation to our book launch, The Nehru Centre, London, Weds 4 November November 2, 2015
- Dwarkanath Tagore Lecture presented by Mr Sumit Mitra September 27, 2015
Centre and Lending Library
Alexandra Park Library,
Alexandra Park Road,
London N22 7UJ
Open on Thursdays, 11am – 3pm, please contact to make an appointment.
Telephone: 020 8444 6751 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org